- Spring 2014 - Physics 580
2:30 - 3:45am T, Th, 214 Hammond
Elements of Network Science and its Applications
More information and lecture notes
Our research is driven by an ongoing dialog between experimental measurements and
theoretical modeling. We build our models on the most salient features of a system,
and use our results as predictions and guidance for future experiments. Our diverse,
interdisciplinary projects are characterized by the common goal of identifying
organizing principles of complex systems.
More information on research topics
Recent Selected Works
- S. N. Steinway, J. G. T. Zanudo, P. J. Michel, D. J. Feith, T. P. Loughran, R. Albert,
Combinatorial Interventions Inhibit TGFb-Driven Epithelial-Mesenchymal Transition and Support Hybrid Cellular Phenotypes
Systems Biology and Applications 1, 15014 (2015).
- C. Campbell, J. Ruths, D. Ruths. K. Shea, R. Albert,
Topological constraints on network control profiles
Scientific Reports 5, 18693 (2015).
- S. M. Rajtmajer, A. Roy, R. Albert, P. C.M. Molenaar, F. G. Hillary,
A voxelwise approach to determine consensus regions-of-interest for the study of brain network plasticity
Frontiers of Neuroanatomy 9:97, part of the research topic Mathematical description of brain plasticity (2015)
- S. N. Steinway, M. Biggs, T. P. Loughran, J. Papin, R. Albert,
Inference of Network Dynamics and Metabolic Interactions in the Gut Microbiome,
PLOS Computational Biology (2015).
- J. G. T. Zañudo, R. Albert,
Cell Fate Reprogramming by Control of Intracellular Network Dynamics,
PLOS Computational Biology 11, e1004193 (2015).
- C. Campbell, K. Shea, S. Yang, R. Albert,
Motif profile dynamics and transient species in a Boolean model of mutualistic ecological communities,
J. Complex Networks (2015).
Network modeling of TGFβ signaling in hepatocellular carcinoma epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition reveals joint Sonic hedgehog and Wnt pathway activation,
Cancer Research 74, 5 963 (2014).
- A. M. Jones, Y. Xuan, M. Xu, R. S. Wang, C. H. Ho, S. Lalonde, C. H. You, M. I. Sardi, S. A. Parsa, E. Smith-Valle, T. Su, K. A. Frazer, G. Pilot, R. Pratelli, G. Grossmann, B. R. Acharya, H.-C. Hu, C. Engineer, F. Villiers, C. Ju, K. Takeda, Z. Su, Q. Dong, S. M. Assmann, J. Chen, J. M. Kwak, J. I. Schroeder, R. Albert, S. Y. Rhee, and W. B. Frommer,
Border Control—A Membrane-Linked Interactome of Arabidopsis,
Science 344, 711-716 (2014).